24 August 2013

Stephen Raw - Making Language Visible

I'm going blogtastic with inspiration this morning. (It's amazing what you can do and discover with time allowed for a bit of creative space in your brain.) Having read some of Carol Ann Duffy's work 'The Bees' this morning, I was excited to discover that some of the words had been put into a visual art form by the artist Stephen Raw. To read his biography on his website brings me great joy: ‘Fundamental to all my artwork’ Stephen says, ‘is a love of language and how that language is given a visual dimension through signs we simply call letters: never-failing sources of inspiration. Letters are images in themselves and, for me, that’s more than enough to be getting on with.’ In those two sentences I'm converted to 'fan' status.` The limited edition prints, signed by both author and artists were made available for order. I'm inspired. Having dabbled with word art in the past, I hope to have time to do something of this nature again in the not too distant future.


No comments: